My change of plans concerns our first Perl project.
I realized that counting C code lines might not be everybody's idea of having fun.
Although the line counting script had potential for starting slowly and building up on features, I decided to start on a much more interesting subject:
- Our first Perl script will be parsing pictures files taken from a digital camera.
- It will give the option of renaming files according to the metadata located in jpeg files or it will just display the file information without touching the file name.
- Information read from the file could be: date when picture was taken and resolution (width x height) for starters.
I am open to any suggestion if you have a better idea.
You'll notice that I've listed the posts to come at the bottom of each message. This is more a guideline than an exact prediction of the future. In my next post, I'll try to talk about how I plan to make this blog known all over the web (how hard can it be?).
French word of the day:
"une désillusion": a delusion
- Learning how to publicize your blog
- How to get Perl and set up your environment (Windows and Linux)?
- Hello World program
- Search Engine Optimization for your blog
- First version of FileInfo script