- Motivate me to learn the language without dropping after a few weeks
- Share my experience with other programmers so that we could learn together
- Find interesting projects to work on based on reader comments
Because I am lucky enough to be proficient in both languages, I will end each post with a new French word or expression.
My blog is aimed at Perl beginners. More skillful users are absolutely welcome to leave their insights in the comments section.
The first project that I will start will be a Perl version of CCCC (C and C++ line counter and other software metrics).
Hope you will enjoy the ride with me!
The French word of the day might prove useful tonight:
- "Joyeuse année 2009!": Happy new year 2009!
- Who am I?
- Why Perl?
- How to get Perl and set up your environment (Windows and Linux)?