Tonight, as my little contribution to the community, I will give a list of Perl blogs that I have started to follow. I am sure that I am missing some wonderful links, please fill me in!
Also, I will start a Perl blogroll, please send me your site if you want to be included. The criteria to be accepted:
- talk about programming in general and/or Perl in particular
- have original content
- leave a comment with your url
Perl blogs I subscribe to:
- About.com Perl: saddly, there has not been any new post since last September. Too bad, the last article was a how-to on getting information from the World of Warcarft servers!
- The blog of Gabor Szabo, father of Padre (yes, I am aware that Padre is spanish for "father" and that there is a pun just waiting to happen). I just subscribed today but it can only be great if it links back to this blog, right?! Thanks Gabor!
- Then there's chromatic's Journal, where you can find Perl6 design minutes and other Perl news
- Fayland and Perl Programming: just found this tonight thanks to Gabor's post. Looks interesting.
- Jerome Quelin's blog: Padre developper (and Blogger user:you'll notice how similar our layouts look like). Another blog that I discovered tonight!
- Modern Perl Books: a site for maybe more advanced Perl programmers, maintained by chromatic. You will find there insights on how to write maintainable Perl code.
- Perlbuzz: general newsfeed about the Perl world
- Transfixed but not dead: Barry Walsh's blog, proving that he is indeed alive!
Larry Wall quote of the day:
"There is no schedule. We are all volunteers, so we get it done when we get it done. Perl 5 still works fine, and we plan to take the right amount of time on Perl 6."
Possible next posts:
- Install Google Analytics on your Blogger blog and stats for DLP
- Improving on twit.pl: using more of the Net::Twitter API
- Some post about Padre
- Improving on twit.pl: Graphical User interface
- Perl help resources