Sunday, February 15, 2009

Perl blogs

As noted by chromatic in his journal, very few Perl blogs seem to link to other Perl blogs.
Tonight, as my little contribution to the community, I will give a list of Perl blogs that I have started to follow. I am sure that I am missing some wonderful links, please fill me in!

Also, I will start a Perl blogroll, please send me your site if you want to be included. The criteria to be accepted:
- talk about programming in general and/or Perl in particular
- have original content
- leave a comment with your url

Perl blogs I subscribe to:
Programming blogs that I read:
What other blogs would you recommend?

Larry Wall quote of the day:
"There is no schedule. We are all volunteers, so we get it done when we get it done. Perl 5 still works fine, and we plan to take the right amount of time on Perl 6."

Possible next posts:
  • Install Google Analytics on your Blogger blog and stats for DLP
  • Improving on twit.pl: using more of the Net::Twitter API
  • Some post about Padre
  • Improving on twit.pl: Graphical User interface
  • Perl help resources
  • POD

4 comments :

  1. Hi Damien,

    Many thanks for the inclusion in your blog list above! Excuse me for only just noticing this actual post.

    Just in case people get the wrong idea... the phrase "Transfixed but not dead" has no connection to Perl and also isn't due to any recent resurrection incidents that I may (or may not!) have have gone thru ;-)

    It is in fact the historical family motto for "Walsh".

    /I3az/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I wasn't sure what "transfixed" means exactly so I just checked online ;)

    "transfixed - having your attention fixated as though by a spell"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some members of my family think its quite apt in my case because I've always been a bit of a day dreamer!

    And its not only the motto thats odd because the family crest is a bit bizarre as well (here is an image of it I found on web)...

    http://www.homemadestuff.eu/Images/Rosie/Rosies%20%20gifs,png,and%20jgps/Welsh_Wappen.JPG

    And yes that is a swan with an arrow through it ;-)

    /I3az/

    ReplyDelete
  4. An additional FREE perl facility exists at http://www.dbperl.com. Perl database script can be generated and tested too online with your own data uploaded before downloading the script. Previously the membership was $60; now it is free

    ReplyDelete