John left a comment asking how to run wxPerl scripts directly from Notepad++.
At the time, I had no idea what wxPerl was.
Now that I have started to work on a GUI implementation of twit.pl, I can finally answer the question:
- In the Run menu, select the last item: Perl.
This will start the Perl interpreter and open the GUI application. That's it!
- There is no shortcut to Run>Perl by default. Here is how to add one:
Click on Settings>Shortcut Mapper. The following window appears:
- Select the "Run commands" tab and chose your shortcut for the "Perl" command by double-clicking on the Perl line (last one in the table).
- In this example, I have remapped the Alt+F1 shortcut from the php Search (I also have deleted the php search shortcut by right-clicking on the line and selecting "delete)
Perl quote of the day = '
Possible next posts:
- Improving on twit.pl: using more of the Net::Twitter API
- Install Google Analytics on your Blogger blog and stats for DLP
- Improving on twit.pl: Graphical User interface
- Perl help resources